August sculpts and sketches

Been doing a lot of photography this month. I'll be updating my facebook page with some of the shots but will be doing a few photo diaries here from the weekends away.

Here are some of the sculpts and concept scribbles I've done in the past week or 2;


 Above: This was an attempt to get my speed sculpts a little more polished looking. I find even though they are fast they all end up a little soft so made an emphasis on polished faces and a more edgy look. For that I chose Red Skull in this 1hr 30 doodle.

Here is the turntable and timelapse;



Below: I wanted to do a Conan bust based loosely on the comics/books rather than the film. Basing it heavily on Frazetta's look and taking influence from Tim Bruckner's awesome bust. I started with a head from a sphere and did a quick paintover to see how it was going.


Below: From there I've started roughing in the chest and hair now on him and will add accessories soon.


Here it is from a few angles;



Finally this was just a doodle on the ipad actually on a bus and car journey in to the country. I did it on the ipad with an app called procreate and just fingerpainted. Good fun, just finished it off with a snapseed filter (another app).


This entry was posted on Monday 26 August 2013. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply