Zbrush: Head crunch and sculpting plans

These shots are from a recent head sculpt/sketch.

There was no reference but the more I worked on the mouth and brow/frown the more I aimed it towards DC character Black Adam. This was done in just under 2 hours from a dynamesh sphere.








I wanted to concentrate on areas around the mouth and the eyelids after watching some basic anatomy sculpting lessons from Ryan Kingslien. I recommend everyone who wants to sculpt sign up here for free to get some basics down.

Plans for sculpting:

I'm currently working on a photobook however I intend to work on a comic bust from scratch. I plan to do Ray Stevenson's version of Frank Castle in the Punisher: Warzone movie just as a comic bust (maybe on top of a Punisher Logo). This is a personal project and I want to note down/show the challenges along the way for other people interested in that area from a relatively new starter approach.

I chose this character simply as the face has strong character to work from and the head and body have a nice clear separation to allow it to be done in chunks easier. The jacket is a relatively basic shape so less work on body anatomy which is good for now.

More info soon anyway!

This entry was posted on Tuesday 26 February 2013 and is filed under ,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply