Zbrush doodling - Ork

I've been following some simple tutorials online on how to create a macro in Zbrush which allows you to create a good base sphere to start modelling/ doodling on. It is called a 'Squirkle' I'm sure if you google it you will find the same or similar tutorials.

Following the recommendation of experienced Zbrush artists I have started 'doodling' with just the move, clay, standard and smooth (as standard as possible) brushes. This is simply because I'd rather learn each tool properly and to a good level before I start flying off the handle with snakehook, stitch and track brushes. I've found the move tool invaluable and the main tool to use until you feel you can sculpt from the base shape of the model.



Here is a step by step look at the Ork head I created (based on the Games Workshop models), currently without teeth and eyes (which will be added once the subtools system has been learned fully).



After changing the material and doing some rough shades of skin and highlighting in Zbrush I took it in to Photoshop to add a little more detail such as drawing eyes and adding a little more shading/highlighting to the skin. The result can be seen below;





I have the teeth, eyes and ears to work on still but I'm going to practice ears and maybe fill a whole post just on my 3D study of them with my WIP/sketches. In the next few days I'll also be posting some of the photography I did over the past month.

Thanks for reading as always.

This entry was posted on Friday 29 May 2009 and is filed under ,,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply